Monday, April 5, 2010

I'm 22 Months Old









It's hard to believe it's been an entire month already since my last blog entry. Mommy has been super busy with me and little Logan. She's also really tired all the time because of the time she spends entertaining me and taking care of me and Logan. So, please forgive her if my blog isn't updated as often as it used to be. Pretty soon, she'll be back to "normal" and you'll be able to get more frequent updates.


I know how to say my alphabet and numbers. Sometimes Mommy and Daddy have to help me, but I know how to say them. I can also show you all the letters from A to Z and all the numbers from 0 to 9 on my playmat in my living room. If you tell me a letter or number, I can either go stand on it or I can pick it up and bring it to you. Also, If you point to something, I can tell you what color it is. Mommy and Daddy practice showing me crayons and asking me what color it is. I can tell you what each of these animals say: a cat says "meow", a goat says "meh", a horse says "neigh", a cow says "moo", a duck says "quack quack quack", a dog says "aarf, aarf, aarf", a sheep or lamb says "baa" and a donkey says "hee haw". My favorite things to pick out and point to are flowers. I love picking them and smelling them. And I think I told you this in my last blog entry, but just in case--I can tell you my name if you ask me what my name is. I can say "Ella". I can even spell it too! I just go and point to the letter "L". I pronounced the letter "L" just like my name "Ella"! I make sure to stick my tongue out on the "L" part.


I've learned how to put together two words to turn them into "two word sentences". It's a good thing because I think Mommy was beginning to "worry". I have very few friends my age that know how to talk really well. However, I have this one gal pal who is only 4 weeks older than me and she can repeat anything her parents tell her to say and she speaks in two and three word sentences!! Sophia, if you're reading this--you're awesome!

I also am very good at putting together those "peg puzzles". My Great Aunt and Uncle Gilberg bought me one for my birthday last year and I've accomplished solving it now. Apparently, there's an entire market of the puzzles out there. The most popular one is a "Melissa and Doug" brand.


I'm learning to become a little helper around the house. I can go and get diapers for myself and my brother. That helps Mommy a lot. I can also go and gather up all of the bottles that need to be refilled or washed. I also know how to go and get my own socks, shoes and jacket to put on so we can go out. Going outside has always been quite pleasurable for me ever since I was an infant.

Mommy has a schedule she tries to abide by during the week. We all wake up, get our diapers changed (that's right--I still wear diapers. Don't worry though, I've used my potty too and will be ready to become fully potty trained in no time!) Okay, so where was I? Ah yes, the schedule.


We change out of our pajamas and into our daily outfits. I go and color on my eisel with my waterproof crayons or waterproof markers while Mommy feeds Logan his bottle and gives him a burping. About 20 minutes later, Mommy puts on some music like They Might Be Giants Album "Flood" while I break out my instruments and play them to the beat. I personally enjoy this piano that my friend Roman gave me for my birthday last year or these two maraccas that Daddy brought me back from Mexico last year and sometimes my laptop computer that plays music that my Aunt Antasia got me for Christmas. Sometimes, I'll play them all at once and see if it makes Mommy and Logan smile or wince.


Meanwhile, Mommy is cooking breakfast. We usually eat scrambled eggs, bacon and fresh fruit with yogurt. Both of us enjoy drinking water with our breakfast. I'm not a fan of orange juice, cranberry juice, grape juice, grapefruit juice or any juice at all. I enjoy apple juice every now and then, but Mommy doesn't make it a habit of giving it to me. After breakfast, Mommy lets me brush my teeth while she brushes her teeth, she reads me a couple of books while Logan listens as he sits in his swing set or in his bouncy chair. Then, we're off to one of the very nice local playgrounds in the area. My favorite is this huge park called "Lyon Village Park and Playground" about a mile from where we live. It has a lot of swings for young toddlers and it has very nice slides, a sandbox and even a water sprinkler area for us to run through. We stay there for about 2 hours. I usually play with push toys that are on the playground while Mommy pushes Logan's stroller around and follows me. She sometimes invites her other Mommy friends and their kids so I can have a playdate. Otherwise, there's about 10 of the same kids I see there on a daily basis and Mommy knows either their nannies or their stay at home dads or stay at home mommies.


After Mommy feels I've had enough outdoor playtime, we drive home where Mommy changes our diapers again, fixes a snack for me and serves Logan a bottle. After my snack, I usually lie down for a nap. Logan likes to stay awake during my nap time and coo. Sometimes I hear him cry, but not very often. I wake up about 2 hours later and Mommy's cooking dinner. She takes a break from her house chores, changes my diaper again, practices my alphabet and numbers (both vocally and written), reads me about 3 or 4 books, feeds Logan again and then Daddy walks in the door. We are all very happy to see him!

No comments: