Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ella Visits San Diego!










My Daddy had a business trip to San Diego, California this week. He thought it would be a great opportunity to take me on my very first plane ride. He was right! It was so much fun! I was so excited to go on the airplane that I couldn't wait. That's me trying to get on the plane just a little early. It was a 5 1/2 hour flight from BWI Airport. We took Southwest Airlines because of the flexibility in picking your own seat. Good thing Daddy selected that airline because I was able to have my very own seat for free. The flight went really well. My ears didn't hurt at all. Somehow Mom and Daddy found a way to keep me occupied and happy the entire time without the use of a DVD player or toys like some of the other toddlers. I was also able to take  a short nap. I slept only an hour because I was much too excited to sleep. 

Mom took me to the San Diego Zoo while Daddy was at his conference. We stayed for almost 6 hours the first day we were in San Diego. The second day we were there, we went to the Children's Museum--but it was closed. So, Mom decided on "plan B"--window shopping at the famed San Diego Seaport. I didn't have a lot of patience for that, so after about five minutes there--Mommy let me run around and play with rocks and sand.

We stayed at the W Hotel. Mom made me feel like a VIP. She made a nice snack for me every afternoon in between outtings and at night, she gave me a really nice bubble bath. Up next, Los Angeles. 

No comments: