HAPPY NEW YEAR! I am 7 months old today. I am still 27 inches and I weigh almost 18 pounds. I am getting a tooth in at the top of my gums and on the bottom. Both are on the left side. I can hold my bottle all by myself for the first half of my feeding. And I am reaching for everything now. I reach for my daddy when he comes home from work and I reach for my mommy when she's finished cooking, cleaning, running errands or taking Lexie for a walk. I am practically leaping out of my parents arms when I no longer want to be held and when I just want to get down on the floor to play or practice crawling. I can pull myself up to a standing position when I'm sitting down. I can even pull myself back up to a sitting position when I tumble onto my back. I have been trying really hard to pet my doggie Lexie and sometimes pull her tail or grab her whiskers. But, my parents pay a lot of attention to me and so I'm learning how to be gentle. I like to throw my new soft toys at her and watch her go fetch, but Mommy and Daddy are trying to set boundaries with her too. We are not allowed to share our toys.
I am eating solids now at least twice a day, oatmeal in the morning and organic veggies for lunch or dinner. I have a lot of fun reaching for the spoon and bowls every time and slinging the food that dribbles onto my bibs.
I am still sleeping through the night at least 8 to 9 hours. My parents tell me I'm a real "night owl" and that I get that from my Daddy. Mommy is an uber morning person! By night time, she just wants to crash while Daddy's just getting perked up. I try to take two 30 minute naps during the day and at least one 45-60 minute nap around dinner time. I overheard my parents whispering that my New Year's Resolutions were going to consist of: going to bed at an earlier hour every night, thrice weekly manicures and pedicures (I can't help it my nails grow so fast. I'm a baby!) and listening to spanish tapes, spanish music and reading children's books in Spanglish. They both feel it's important for me to learn Spanish since my Granddad Huesca is from Mexico and it's a part of my heritage. Meanwhile, they're both trying to learn too. You should hear my daddy's accent. It is so funny and it makes Mommy laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment