Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ella Meets Santa Claus






On the coldest day of the season (and of my life) so far, my parents dressed me up like an Eskimo in a faux suede and sherling fur bunting coat by Baby Gap. It was definitelly not the most comfortable coat and I felt completely restricted, especially since it's a size too big for me. But, it did keep me nice and toasty.

We were shopping in Georgetown when we stumbled upon the 1st Annual Merriment Winter Festival on Wisconsin Avenue. They were serving several types of hot cocoa and ice cream. We could hear several local choirs singing carols in concert.

We walked from the front to the back of the festival in 26 degree blustery windy weather. Thank Goodness it was only a block long. At the tail end of the block sat this ginormous and bubbly man dressed in a nice warm and padded red suit. I was introduced to him as Santa Claus. Daddy sat me upon his lap while Mommy, as well as five or six other stand-bys took my picture. Look how happy I am. Santa seemed happy too!

No comments: