A WORD ABOUT LOGAN'S FIRST HAIRCUT FROM HIS MOMMY
Logan was awesome on the day he got his first haircut. Both he and Ella are always awesome, but that's beside the point. After months of thinking about getting his haircut and chickening out, I finally held my breath, swooped him up, packed him and Ella into the car and headed down to our local Hair Cuttery Salon not giving myself enough time to talk myself out of it as I had done every single day this week.
It was early in the morning and the kids were fresh from just having woken up and eaten a nice full breakfast. We arrived at the salon (which is inside of a mall) and my favorite hairstylist (named Haymi) was there. Haymi has done my hair on and off for almost five years, so I knew Logan would be in great hands. Afterall, she is a stylist that when you tell her you only want an inch taken off, she takes off about three inches.
I put a drape around myself and then Haymi placed one on Logan. She gave Ella a Lollipop for being a good girl and for sitting in the chair across from us patiently watching Logan get his first haircut. She asked me how short I wanted it and I told her "as close to the scalp as possible". She said she could cut his hair without using clippers/shears. I was elated! And I totally trust her, so there were absolutely no issues.
She took her tiny scissors and cut as much of his afro off as she could and as it fell to the floor, I sighed and asked if I could take as much of his hair home as a souvenir. Haymi replied "Of course" and her assistant gave us an envelope to collect most of his hair.
Logan just chilled in the chair. It almost seemed to relax him. I asked for a lollipop for him to hold and they obliged my request. Logan is so laid back and has such a chill attitude and in turn, this made for a laid back and chill experience for both him and me, his Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment