Hi Everybody!
I'm 18 months old today! Now my parents can tell everyone that I'm a "year and half old". I don't know if that's better than saying that I'm 18 months old, but my mom seems to get really excited every time she tells someone my "new age".
Since last month, I've learned some new things. I can put my shoes on by myself--sometimes. It depends on the shoes. I've learned how to open them up and slide my foot into each shoe while standing up and holding onto something. Mom or Dad have to fasten them for me. I can point to my eyes, ears, nose, mouth, chin, cheeks, hair, head, feet, hands and my belly button when requested to do so. Mommy credits the book "Where is Baby's Belly Button" by Karen Katz for helping me learn.
I finally have almost all of my "baby teeth". I am only missing four more teeth. All of my front teeth are in and so are my back molars. I've also learned how to brush my teeth all by myself.
I still weigh 24 pounds and am 32 1/2 inches tall.
Some of my favorite things to do include: Helping Mommy mop the floor every morning, helping Mommy wipe down the kitchen counters (since I'm only cabinet level, I enjoy taking rags and wiping down the cabinets and the walls). I also really enjoy pretending to talk on the phone, listening to my Disney Ipod, having play dates, taking baths and building with blocks. I also really enjoy taking my toy stroller and filling it with other toys and pretending to go shopping. I'm beginning to really enjoy coloring and drawing and writing on my Easel too.
I'm looking forward to spending the holidays in my hometown of Washington DC and am hoping that both of my Grandmothers, my Aunt and my Uncle will be able to join me and my parents for Christmas this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment