My convertible car seat was re-situated to become "forward facing" and I was informed that I would be taking a nice, long eight hour ride to Ohio to visit my paternal grandparents for a popular American holiday called Memorial Day. My parents were pretty surprised that I wasn't very fussy during the majority of the ride. It was pretty cool looking out the window and seeing all the cool red bumper lights and all the sights. Mommy and Daddy discovered that if they sing "Row Row Row Your Boat", "Miss Lucy Had a Steamboat", "The Star Spangled Banner", "Fish Heads Fish Heads" and other childhood favorites that I would calm down or fall asleep. And when that didn't work, they popped in my favorite CD "Rockabye Baby-Lullabies of Radiohead's Greatest Hits" by Michael Armstrong. Awww, that always does the trick. I've been listening to that on just about every single car ride since The Farleys introduced my parents to their collection. Now, if they would just go out and buy the Coldplay, Bob Marley and Metallica editions.
We had really beautiful weather the entire weekend in Cleveland. I was able to spend quality time with Grandmother and Grandfather Talan and my uncle Albert. They even surprised me with a really fun early birthday party on Sunday. My Grammy Huesca and Aunt Antasia came from Napoleon. Friends that are just like family to my parents (Monica, Sally, Glen and Patience) drove all the way from Grand Rapids, Michigan, Wauseon and Bowling Green to celebrate with us. And my Great Aunt Alice and Great Uncle Duane came from New Bremen. My cousins Kent and Janie came from Cincinatti. Thank you very much for coming to my party. I was so happy to see everyone!
Here are some snapshots from the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment