


Mommy and Daddy took me to their favorite city in the whole wide world this past Veteran's Day weekend...New York City! We had a fantastic time and I enjoyed the city very much. I could even imagine attending Columbia, NYU, Julliard or FIT. Well, at least my parents are already priming me for those considerations.
We stayed at the very nice Hudson Hotel, only a few blocks away from the Time Warner Center and Columbus Circle. Here is a picture of relaxing in bed and lounging on a comfy chair while my parents took pictures of me and got ready for dinner.
Manhattan isn't nearly as loud with horns and random people yelling as my parents said it was even just a few years ago. The cities are still fast paced and packed with a lot of people. And while the city never sleeps, I became the "baby that never sleeps". I woke up at 9 AM every morning, but went to sleep every night around 1:30 AM. I just could not resist the urge to stay up and hang out. This of course was to my parents dismay.
We met up with our friend N'Djamena at Nobu the first night we were there. The following day we enjoyed more of my parents favorite hot spots like Jean George and Sawa Sushi. We stumbled upon some new places like Swich --a "Green" restaurant where they serve all organic food and even have cups and cutlery made from corn instead of plastic. And our friend Rich introduced us to a place called Eatery.
We also got to go into the Hearst Tower (also known as "Oprah's building"). This is the first "green building" in NYC.
My parents bought me a really nice souvenir: A Classic Children's Book titled "I Like New York" by M. Sasek. Mommy has read it to me about twice a day every day since we got back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment